Friday, November 9, 2012

TEMO AND THE EMPEROR


TEMO AND THE EMPEROR

        A long time ago, the Indians had a big kingdom in Mexico. The king of the Indians was called emperor. The emperor liked hunting very much. The emperor had a big, big forest. Wild animals lived in the forest. He went to the forest to hunt.
        Only the emperor can hunt in the forest. Nobody goes to the forest. One day, the emperor went to the forest. He was dressed as a common man. Nobody knew he was the emperor. He met a young boy. The boy was Temo. The boy was gathering sticks. The emperor talked to Temo. “What would you do with these dry sticks?” he asked. “We use them to cook our food,” said Temo. “Those sticks do not make a big fire. Go to the big forest. The forest has plenty of good, dry wood.” “No! I will not go to the big forest,” Said Temo. “The big forest belongs to our emperor. The emperor would punish me.” “But no one would know it! I will not tell anyone,” said the man.
        “You are a spy!” said Temo. “I will not listen to you.” “There is so much wood in the big forest,” said the man. “The wood is going to waste. Your emperor is a selfish man. He does not let you use the dry woods in the big forest.”
        ‘Yes, he is selfish man!” said Temo. He does not give what his people need. But shall I do wrong because our emperor is selfish? No, my friend. I will not go to the big forest.”
        Temo was helping his mother when a soldier of the emperor came. He took the whole family to the emperor. They were all afraid. Temo had never seen the emperor. He saw the man on the throne with fine robes and big jewels. But Temo knew him. He said, “You are the man I met in the forest. You told me to get dry woods in the emperor’s forest. You said no one would know.”
        You are right, Temo” said the emperor. “I persuaded you, but you did not do it. You are a good boy!” The emperor came near Temo’s father and mother. He said, “You taught your child well, Your son is a good boy. Tell me what you want. I will help you.” The emperor changed. People go to the big forest. They get dry woods. They get the fruits of the big trees. But they do not cut down the trees. They do not kill the animals in the big forest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, this paragraph is pleasant, my sister is analyzing such
things, therefore I am going to inform her.

Review my page: matt